- Spoke with front office assistants, occasionally office dentist
- Verified patient(s’) identity and provider location/affiliation(s)
- Verified active or inactive coverage/plan type
- Provided fax and/or verbal breakdown of coverage, including codes with frequencies/limitations
- Took notes of what was discussed for patient insurance file
- Fulfilled requests for title documentation, letters of permission and insurance claims.
- Reduced financial discrepancies by accurately resolving billing issues while processing applications and cancellations.
- Applied HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations while handling patient information.
- Collected, posted and managed patient account payments.
- Assessed billing statements for correct diagnostic codes and identified problems with coding.
- Researched and rectified account discrepancies.
- Reviewed account information to confirm patient and insurance information is accurate and complete.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients,
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage,
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks,
- Managed benefit contract pricing, processing, policies and procedures.
sr. insurance representative
- Resolving complex questions/issues independently and when needed, utilizing department resources
- Proactively identifying and communicate any Allstate My Account and Allstate.com website enhancements or process improvements that will improve the customer experience while browsing our website.
- Identifying service gaps in processes that may provide a poor customer experience; therefore not fitting into the internet customer experience.
- Process 95 policy changes per day on auto and property policies and email the customer letting them know that the change has been processed.
- Use computers for various applications, such as Epic or word processing.
- Prepares and submits claim to payers either electronically or by paper.
- Call insurance companies to verify coverage eligibility and go over claim status.
- Secures necessary medical documentation required of requested by payer.
- Handle difficult account situations and resolving issues delaying or prevents payments from payers.
- Ensure accounts are billed in timely manner.
- Work claim denials such as sending a corrected claim or submitting claim appeal.