- Answer phones and assist patients with making appointments.
- Verify insurance for dental and medical and enter information into software program.
- Scan patient information into patient files.
- Collect EFT payment information from insurance company websites.
- Post payments and make necessary adjustments.
- Contact insurance companies to follow up on claims that are unpaid or need correcting.
- Prepare cost estimates mainly for various out-patient and in-patient cases.
- Take approval for currently hospitalised cases to aid a smooth discharge process.
- Contact Insurance Companies for verbal approval for necessary cases.
- Review the In-patient list and OT list to ensure proper approval status on a daily basis.
- Review and distribute the pre-approvals to concerned departments on a regular basis and without delay.
- Identify unusual denials and medical report requests and contact the Insurance companies for further discussion.
- Provides expert advice on various insurance policies and coverage to external and internal clients.
- Communicates effectively between doctors and Insurance companies when further information is requested.
- Maintains and updates the approval log with utmost care and accuracy Reviews the pending cases and follows up effectively on a daily basis.
- Coordinates with external and internal clients for approval-related information and distributes Insurance related updates to all concerned areas.
- Updates the Insurance Manager about any unusual denials/issues from Insurance companies for further discussion.
- Calculate premium for the new clients and explain the insurance benefits.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Assists the insurance Manager for reconciliation related issues.
- Establishes and maintains the approval files for easy access for Dispatch and resubmission team.
- Data entry and Insurance verifications
- Schedule appointments and Pre-Certifications
- Billing faxing and filing
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct calls accordingly
- Create,maintain, and enter information in data bases.
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems,recording information,updating paperwork,or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.