- Experience working with children who are diagnosed with autism and specific learning disabilities.
- Assist instructors by attending to the students’ academic and behavioral needs.
- Collect data on student’s academic and behavioral progress throughout their school year.
- Supervise students during outdoor activities.
- Created, executed and applied lessons plan according to classroom and district standards.
- Supervise and manage students during school activities, recess, school assemblies, and field trips.
- Maintained and implemented strategies that supported a safe and nurturing environment
- Implemented lessons according to modification made for students with special needs
- Assisted teachers with learning materials and prepare classrooms for class activities.
- Tutored students intensively and provided them with proper examples
- Supervised students during arts and crafts, field trips and during play
- Assisted in food preparation and encouraged healthy eating habits and good table manners
- Read to students and explained words and meanings by providing examples
- Observed and recorded information about children’s behavior
- Decorated the classroom with children’s art activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence – based strategies to foster independence and social academic engagement.
- Oversaw groups of up to 6 students at school and off-site locations, maintaining optimal safety and secu
- Provided support during classes, group lessons and classroom activities.
- Tutored struggling student’s individually and in small groups to reinforce learning concepts.
- Communicated expectations and requirements to reinforce classroom rules and IEP goals.
- Worked with typically developing and individuals with developmental delays (aged 8-22) with severe problem behaviors in an instructional setting.
- Maintained comprehensive student records documenting attendance, goals, and progress towards goals.
- Supervised students in classroom and out-of-classroom activities throughout the day
- Taught multiple subjects such as language skills, mathematics, science and life skills.