senior information technology director
- Over 10 years of responsibility for the daily operation and management of five Network Operations and Security Centers in large, complex, multi-national environments with a track record of metrics based improvement and success.
- Over 14 years of experience with the selection, implementation, and management of enterprise security technologies, including SIEM, anti-virus, anti-malware, DLP, IDS/IPS, vulnerability scanners, configuration management, and encryption capabilities.
- Over 10 years of experience in monitoring security events and critical security incident response handling while managing network operations in Intelligence and Communications Fusion Cells.
- Managed 3,397 automation systems supporting 4,712 end users in 33 facilities in the Colorado Springs Medical Community of Interest, directed 62 civilian staff and effectively decreased resolution time for Remedy trouble tickets by over 96%.
- Managed the contracting of supplies, labor and project requirements and directed budgets for multiple IT programs during several overseas IT infrastructure build-outs totaling over $13 million. Ensured costs were managed effectively and directly negotiated with vendors to procure contracts with the best value for the organization while meeting schedule demands for service delivery.
- Supervised 356 civilian, contractor and military personnel in the Fort Carson Warrior Transition Battalion and led the organization to receive multiple awards and accolades for exceptional organizational achievements.
- Responsible for the COOP Disaster Recovery Plan for the 38th Chief of Staff of Army at the Pentagon and maintained IT operational capabilities in two states.
information technology director
- Supervised the operation of three IT Service Desks and provided outstanding support of Office 365, SharePoint, MS Exchange, Computers, VoIP phones and overall network reliability.
- Oversaw the creation of governance risk and compliance standards including policies, processes, work plans, and templates by which the Evans Army Community Hospital was managed and measured against. Developed and maintained security plans, strategy, and policy to support and align with Defense Health Agency and Department of Defense initiatives and regulatory compliance.
- Reconciled a Telephone Control Officer Program and saved the organization over $15,000 annually by establishing database tracking, documentation and management of all contracted phones services.
- Architected enterprise network infrastructure to include the configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of Cisco routers, switches, and telephones and demonstrated an excellent understanding of network protocols and technologies, including Layer 2/3 switching and routing.
- Maintained accountability of all organizational equipment valued at over $15 million including assets dispersed throughout multiple countries supporting over 2,000 end users.
- Demonstrated a keen ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, stakeholders and employees to complete projects varying in urgency and scope.