- Research and analyze law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, constitutions, and legal codes to prepare memoranda of law in support of immigration and asylum appeals.
- Advocate and communicate extensively with clients regarding requests for information, case status, and immigration procedures.
- Responsible for preparing a wide range of immigration applications/petitions/benefits including: G-28, EOIR-28, I-601, I-130, Asylum, Citizenship, and DACA.
- Prepared above petitions and applications under the supervision of the immigration attorney.
- Prepare Motions, Memorandum, and Exhibits for attorneys’ review to send to Immigration Courts.
- Serve as a Spanish/English translator.
- Work effectively with an attorney to meet deadlines by showing good decision-making and problem-solving skills and being able to multitask.
- Assisted attorneys in preparing for trials and court proceedings;
- Worked closely with Attorneys, as well as international and national clients to gather and organize supporting data and documents to prepare cases;
- Prepared, reviewed and filed nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) and U.S. Embassy’s and Consulates overseas;
- Researched various case laws on everyday bases and kept up to date with ever-changing immigration laws;
- Prepared appropriate forms regarding client matters before the Departments of Homeland Security, State, and Justice;
- Scheduled, coordinated and confirmed court dates, appointments, and meetings;
- Prepared affidavits or other documents, such as legal correspondence, and organize and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing system;
- Prepared Eoir- 42A and Eoir-42B packages for filing with Master and Individual Hearings; Prepared I-360 Petition including Affidavit; Prepared I-601 and I-601A Inadmissibility Waivers with Hardship Letter; Immigrant Visas, Adjusts of Status and Removal of Conditions.
- Prepare Uncontested Divorces in New York and New Jersey.
- Answer Multiple Phone, Client Intake and Filing.