- Greet guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas.
- Provide guests with menus.
- Assign patrons to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings.
- Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries or transfer calls.
- Maintain contact with kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and customers to ensure that dining details are handled properly and customers’ concerns are addressed.
- Inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of dining room staff to ensure that patrons receive prompt and courteous service.
- Greet guests, escort them to their seats, and present them with menus.
- Take dining reservations.
- Answer phone calls and talk to customers over the phone about reservations and questions.
- Make all customers feel important and satisfied by the service..
- Great social skills.
- Dealing with money to complete transactions.
- Fast, friendly and responsible.
- Wear costumes or sign boards and walk in public to promote merchandise, services, or events.
- Change or rotate window displays, interior display areas, or signage to reflect changes in inventory or promotion and daily changes for
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of movie tickets.
- Help stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Inform patrons of establishment specialties and features.
- Receive and record patrons’ dining reservations.
- Assist with preparing and serving food and beverages.
- Direct patrons to coatrooms and waiting areas such as lounges.
- Assign patrons to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seating’s.
- Plan parties or other special events and services.
- Prepare cash receipts after establishments close.
- Hire, train, and supervise food and beverage service staff.