- Restocking medical supplies
- Sanitizing the room after each patient
- Understanding detail instructions for bacterial residue protection that included to bodily fluids.
- Maintain physical fitness standards required by the U.S. Navy to maintain deployability.
- Emergency medical treatment in the field setting.
- Perform minor surgeries under direction of physician.
- Training in firearms.
- Colateral duty of Range Saftey Officer.
- Organizing Medical Records
- Communicating with with workers about the plan of the day
- Doing Blood Work
- Giving Immunization
- Working with co-workers to reach our goal for the day
- Goal: Treating as many patient possible to reach the maximum amount for mobilization.
- Medical Assistant in Labor and Delivery ward.
- Responsible for greeting and checking in maternal patients, Active duty and civilian, assisting patient, doctors and nurses during the labor process to include prepping rooms, inserting IV’s, administering medications, as well as care and preparation of newborn after birth.
- Medical Records Technician- Front desk duties in an Active Duty records department with 4 other individuals.
- Responsible for maintaining 3,000+ active duty medical records, ensuring proper documents were placed in records in a timely manner, receiving and dispersing records to individuals as well as fulfilling requests in a multi-department clinic.
- Additional duties included cross-training in military dependent and retiree medical records. Worked in a department with 8 additional hospital corpsman and 5 civilian medical records technicians. Continued maintenance of 30,000+ medical records, creating of new records and retiring of old records, fulfilling requests in a timely manner for records to be sent to other military treatment facilities around the country as well as overseas, worked closely with civilian hospitals, specialty clinics and family physicians who requested specific notes, labs and procedures from medical records.
- Medical Assistant in Women’s Health.
- Duties included front desk responsibilities, greeting incoming patients, scheduling of appointments, answering phones.
- Trained as a field medic
- Worked labor and delivery
- Attended and graduated Pharmacy Technician school
- Clinic duties included prepping patient rooms, ensuring all instruments needed were stocked and on hand, patient rooms were cleaned and disinfected in a timely manner, checking in of patients, getting vital signs and brief patient history, stand by to 3 GYN physicians, 1 Nurse Practitioner and 1 Physicians Assistant. Additional duties/responsibilities included maintaining of clinic MSDS binder, ensuring all chemicals used were listed and kept up to date and training of clinic staff to use MSDS binder and it’s location was current at all times. While working in Women’s Health I assisted in the training of 4 new hospital corpsman to the duties and responsibilities listed above.