- Advise patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Develop or coordinate fitness and wellness programs or services.
- Provide individual support or counseling in general wellness or nutrition.
- Use computer skills and software to manage Web sites or databases, publish newsletters, or provide webinars.
- Provide students with information and resources regarding nutrition, weight control, and lifestyle issues.
- Maintain wellness- and fitness-related schedules, records, or reports.
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Schedule one-on-one meetings with patient to promote confidentiality and trust
- Become a team with patients and healthcare professionals to set realistic goals that are specific and manageable
- Empower diabetics and the obese with resources on nutrition, exercise and healthy lifestyles
- Provide dignified and thoughtful encouragement to recently diagnosed and long-term diabetics
- Plan and implement health programs for prevention of illness.
- Advise clients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Collected hair samples for hair tissue mineral analysis and advised clients with an individualized mineral balancing program.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results.
- Assess individual client’s state of health by mapping out health history and evaluating current signs and symptoms
- Provide recommendations for diet, lifestyle and behavioral changes and partner with the client to put them into action
- Suggest topics and labs for clients to explore with their doctor
- Perform grocery store tours
- Conduct freezer cooking classes
- Develop and conduct group health coaching classes
- Teach proper techniques for basic whole body strength training movements
- Enforce rules and regulations to ensure the smooth and orderly operation of gym atmosphere
- Cultivated positive relationships with participants by interacting with them during group fitness classes
- Explained the use of exercise equipment to all participants, prioritizing safety at all times
- Provide emergency first aid and summon medical assistance when necessary.