- Greet guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales
- Operate cash registers to accept payments for food and beverages
- Supervise others and provide on-the-job training
- Pay company bills by cash, vouchers, or checks
- Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries or transfer calls
- Write daily specials on the chalkboard.
- Sweep front patio and around host stand.
- Check all menus to ensure proper cleaning.
- Do a restroom check and re-stock.
- Read all special requests for lunch and dinner shifts to properly assign guests to their corresponding tables.
- Greet guests and take them to their tables.
- Answer phone and make reservations
- Responsible for training new hosts
- Organized restaurant floor plans
- Coordinated take out and delivery orders
- Answered guest questions about menu and restaurants
- Assisted managers and waitstaff with their duties
- As hostess, efficiently communicated with team members to fully maximize efforts and coordinate all seating, phone calls and reservations
- Managed servers, trained new employees, filled in where needed and provided overall quality control
- As server, maintained composure and provided engaging service in an extremely high volume environment, confidently managing up to ten tables at once
- Asked to return for a second season, worked June 2013 – October 2013
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Restaurant Manager or the Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Monitor customer satisfaction and respond to customer feedback and complaints
- Constantly drive and motivate the team to create specific WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the restaurants
- Train new and existing employees on full food and beverage offerings
- Ensure all guest preferences and allergies are attended to on a consistent basis