- Recommend and sell lotions, tonics, or other cosmetic supplies.
- Keep records of client needs and preferences and the services provided.
- Processed guest credit card information for salon services.
- Entered customer demographic and preference data on salon computer database.
- Performed inventory and restocking assignments as necessary.
- Maintain the safety of the salon and clean work stations
- Ask what the client is wanting to do with their look and meet their needs
- Record services provided at the front desk to keep track for payment
- Keep card files on clientele, recording notes of work done, products used and fees charged after each visit
- Order supplies
- Shape and trim beards and moustaches, using scissors and/or clippers
- Curl, color, or straighten hair, using special chemical solutions and tools
- Stay informed of the latest styles and hair care techniques
- Maintain and keep up with training classes
- Suggest treatments to hair problems or issues a guest might be having
- Recommend and sell products after a service to keep the look fresh and healthy
- Greet and sign in customers.
- Provide customers with great haircuts and great customer service.
- Clean the shop daily.
- Handle money.
- Basic computer skills.
- Organize and Coordinate photo shoots.
- Create and obtain backdrops and other materials for shoots.
- Coordinate and plan wardrobe
- Plan and execute styling and makeup for each individual client based on factors such as skin type, length of hair, and mood of shoot.
- Schedule photo shoots with clients.
- Create marketing materials such as promotional posts and advertisements.