- Perform physical activities for long periods of time.
- Coordinating with other staff with confidence verbally.
- Constantly adapting to changes made among workplace.
- Creating a comfortable and lively environment with smiles, jokes but also focus.
gymnastics coach, birthday party manager, summer camp manager
- Create a safe and fun learning environment to coach gymnastics to girls and boys from ages two through eighteen.
- Coach approximately 40 gymnasts on a weekly basis from preschool, intermediate and advanced classes.
- Coach approximately 10 gymnasts on a weekly basis from level two and three USA Gymnastics competitive team.
- Alter coaching style based on each individual’s needs.
- Interact and communicate with other coaches.
- Communicate with parents of gymnasts to answer questions, address concerns and work together to fulfill each child’s needs.
- Keep up to date with current rules and regulations of USA Gymnastics.
gymnastics coach (preschool-3rd grade)
- Lead stretching exercises for team members prior to practices.
- Teach the basics of gymnastics to young beginning gymnasts.
- Explain and demonstrate the use of gymnastics equipment such as trampolines, balance beams, and bars.
- Evaluate athletes’ skills and review performance records to determine their fitness and potential to advance to another level.
- Interact with athletes and parents to ensure all athletes get proper coaching.
- Provide training direction, encouragement and motivation.
- Beginner Coaching Qualification.
- Motivate gymnasts to become stronger and more effective athletes through effective instructions.
- Prepare, lead and demonstrate activities for the gymnasts.
- After every session, write an overview about the progress of the child, what needs improvement and what they have improved on.
- Decide whether the child should be moved up to a more advanced level or stay at the same level they’re at.
- Teach and demonstrate use of gymnastic and training equipment such as trampolines and weights.
- Advise children about proper clothing and shoes.
- Lead the warm up activities.
- Create a weekly schedule for each child.