- Direct and supervise work of embalmers, funeral attendants, death certificate clerks, cosmetologists, or other staff.
- Monitor funeral service operations to ensure that they comply with applicable policies, regulations, and laws.
- Negotiate contracts for prearranged funeral services.
- Offer counsel and comfort to families and friends of the deceased.
- Plan and implement changes to service offerings to meet community needs or increase funeral home revenues.
- Plan and implement sales promotions or other marketing strategies and activities for funeral home operations.
- Schedule funerals, burials, or cremations.