fourth grade teacher
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations. Observation scores range from 3.75 to 4.0.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests. RTI strategies are used to meet the needs of tiered students.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students. Objectives are based on state GLE’s and standards set for fourth grade students in Louisiana.
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help. Thirty minutes of remediation time is used to reinforce skills for students performing below grade level. Small group instruction reteaching based on individual needs. Manipulates and level appropriate reading materials are utilized.
- Modified lessons for visually impaired and autistic students who are mainstreamed.
- Use computers, audio-visual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations. Flip charts are used in math to teach Eureka skills and Chrome Books are used for individual projects and practice.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees, as required. PBiS committee member and social studies fair coordinator.