- Managed patients billing and accounts inquiries.
- Coordinated payment plans.
- Calculated patients co payments for visits and procedures.
- Liaison between office and insurance companies.
- Coordinate insurance benefits and authorizations.
- Organized all billing records and accounts.
- Analyze all delinquent accounts and mad recommendations of possible solutions.
- To admit and register incoming patients in all points of entry.
- To answer the phone in a timely manner while transferring calls to the correct place.
- To correctly enter the right insurance plan and collect payments from the patient or person financially responsible.
- Price accounts and obtain authorizations from patients insurance while keeping the patient informed along the way.
- To maintain an organized work place for myself and for my coworkers.
- To work efficiently and with order with the staff and patients so that things can run at a smooth steady past.
- To protect the patients privacy and confidentiality while remaining accurate
- Arrange for debt repayment and establish monthly payment plan, based on guarantors’ financial situation and the clinics guidelines.
- Notify guarantor of delinquent accounts by telephone, to solicit payment.
- Advise guarantor of necessary actions for debt repayment.
- Perform various administrative functions for assigned accounts, such as recording address changes and documentation of deceased guarantors.
- Interview patients to determine their current income, expenses, insurance coverage, tax status, financial objectives, or other information needed to develop a financial funding.
- Analyze financial information obtained from patients to determine eligibility for meeting patient’s financial needs.
- Implement financial planning recommendations or refer patients to someone who can assist them with different funding.
- Contact the patient’s annually to determine any changes in the patients financial status.
- Explain to the patient the personal advisor’s responsibilities and the types of services that are provided.
- Knowledge of third party payers, assisted with the Obama Health Care insurance, collect copay if applicable.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for patients to discuss financial assistance programs.
- Organized and distributed mail and coordinate the flow of information, internally or with other organizations.
- Collect co-pays and deposits from inpatient and outpatients.
- Set up payment arrangements.
- Processed and posted payments to patient accounts and prepared bank deposits for all departments.
- Initiated process and improvement team and provided training to new hires.
- Prepare financial data on high dollar accounts on patient accounts.