- Apply lacquers and waxes to mold surfaces to facilitate assembly and removal of laminated parts.
- Apply layers of plastic resin to mold surfaces prior to placement of fiberglass mats. Repeating layers until products have the desired thicknesses and plastic have jelled.
- Cure materials by letting them set at room temperature, placing them under heat lamps, or baking them in ovens.
- Pat or press layers of saturated math or cloth into place on molds, using brushes or hands, and smooth out wrinkles and air bubbles with hands or squeegees.
- Release air bubbles and smooth seems using rollers.
- Trim cured materials by sawing them with diamond-impregnated cutoff wheels.
- Trim excess materials from molds, using hand shears on trimming knives.
- Read blue prints, fix and repair salt water systems for Oil and Gas.