- Liaised with marketing and PR colleagues to promote special events in social calendars
- Discussed with team members to understand event scopes of work, establish budgets and determine timelines for venue selection, participant list finalization, and rehearsal, and receptions
- Managed administrative logistics of events planning, including contract signing, fee collection, event booking and event promotions
- Coordinated schedules and timelines for all events
- Planned large-scale events such as treasure hunt
- Accurately calculated and processed expenses during and after events
- Evaluated existing plans, processes and events planning services to identify opportunities for improvement
- Managed all areas of events, from pre-planning, through the event day, and post-event activities.
- Worked closely with vendors to develop a plan of action and ensure all areas of the events were covered.
- Ensured superior customer experience by addressing customer concerns, demonstrating empathy and resolving problems on the spot.
- Managed food delivery for 200+ guests for special events.
- Supervised banquet staff – ensured proper event set-up, food preparation, kitchen cleanup and proper shutdown.
- Responsible for event day coordination and logistics, including supervising day of activities with all cross-functional vendors, on the spot problem-solving in a high-stress environment. Multitask time-critical requests to ensure as well as providing top-notch service/hospitality to 350+ guests.
- Lead post-event analysis, evaluating the performance of individuals in working within the event. To provide measurable data to company in order to achieve more efficient and quality results.
- Supplying of manpower to various corporate events,award functions, and promotional activities.
- Organise event resources
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure that they conform to customer requirements.
- Evaluate and select providers of services according to customer requirements.
- Negotiate contracts with such service providers and suppliers as hotels, convention centers, and speakers.
- Maintain records of event aspects, including financial details.
- Direct administrative details such as financial operations, dissemination of promotional materials, and responses to inquiries.
- Develop event topics and choose featured speakers.
- Increased our funding opportunities to promote social campaigns through consistently updating the WUSC database.
- Increased our attendance rate by 30 percent through promoting through Facebook and mass emails as well as creating colourful and eye catching posters.
- Recruited and coordinated over 30 volunteers and filled in their hours of participation for their Co-Curricular Record.
- Filled out end-of-year report that serves as a report for the Student Government and WUSC to audit the performance of the society during the academic year.
- Coordinated and supported two incoming students on the WUSC Student Refuge Program, which has resulted in 2 underprivileged students having an easier transition into Canadian society.