- Assist Physicians and nursing staff in the care with pediatric emergencies.
- Begin appropriate care to all pediatric patients.
- Perform EKG’s on patients.
- Maintain a safe and comfortable environment for all the children in the department.
- Comfort and reassure patients and family members.
- Administer first aid treatment or life support care to sick or injured persons in the emergency room
- Assists with obtaining and documentation of vital signs and placement of oxygen saturation, cardiac monitoring, and non-invasive blood pressure monitoring systems
- Obtaining 12-lead EKGs,
- Discontinuation of peripheral IV/saline locks, maintenance and care of specimens for laboratory analysis
- Clean and stocks carts, rooms, transport patients to other departments in the hospitals
- Reporting on the condition of patient/client to the appropriate supervisor and other staff members.
er tech / radiology tech. assistant
- Identify correct anatomical locations based on patients’ anatomy and positions, contraindications, and precautions related to treatments.
- Assist with positioning of patients during radiological exams.
- Assists with preparations of sterile procedures.
- Care for patients by changing bed linens, cleaning, or assisting with their personal care.
- Perform emergency care and treatment on patients such as suction, airway management, heart monitoring and CPR.
- Help Physicians and nursing staff throughout the department with procedures.
- Assess patients’ physical appearance and detailed medical history to begin appropriate care.
- Assist PD with in custody patients or combative patients.
- Maintain and follow standard quality, safety and procedures throughout the emergency room.
- Begin emergency care on all BLS and ALS runs.
- Maintain constant communication with staff for the best patient care.
- Draw Blood, collect specimens.
- Assist patient in gown, set up Heart monitor (Leads) on patient, set up O2 nasal cannula.
- Assist in setting up equipment in exam room
- Set up patient with EKG leads
- Set up rooms with appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Clean and sterilize gurney, monitors, and all ER equipment.
- Assist patients to and from Diagnostic studies.