- Drive safely in all types of weather and follow traffic laws to protect company property and the general public
- Properly load, organize, and secure equipment
- Carefully balanced product when loading to prevent shifting during drive
- Follow DOT guidelines
- Drive tractor-trailer trucks to move equipment from site to site.
- Repair and maintain equipment, making emergency adjustments or assisting with major repairs as necessary.
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards and/or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects.
- Locate underground services, such as pipes or wires, prior to beginning work.
- Adjust handwheels, depress pedals to control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers, or swing booms.
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, levers,depress pedals to operate machines, such as bulldozers, trench excavators, road graders, and/or backhoes.
- Signal operators to guide movement of tractor-drawn machines.
- Align machines, cutterheads, or depth gauge makers with reference stakes and guidelines or ground or position equipment, following hand signals of other workers.
- Talk to clients and study instructions, plans, or diagrams to establish work requirements.
- Procure timber from private landowners.
- Run log equipment to drag out timber.
- Determine methods of cutting and removing timber with minimum waste and environmental damage.
- Turn valves to control air or water output of compressors or pumps.
- work with tools such as wrenches,sockets, ratchets.
- worked at the fuel island dealt with multiple vehicles, grease guns, diesel pumps, def pumps, oil pumps, equipment operator.
- have experience with directing big rigs.
- Operate rolling equipment, or street sealing equipment .
- Operating and maintaining skid-steers.
- Transporting skid-steers.
- Crew safety.
- Tree planting.
- Laying sod.
- Dirt prep.
- Snow removal.