english lecturer (part time)
- Plan, deliver and assess General and Academic English courses to college students
- Develop and create new learning materials to suit level of students and to comply with the required course curriculum
- Participate actively in small group teachers’ discussions and work meetings
- Participate in moderation of group assessment in small groups
- Review assessment tasks and marking systems for continuous course improvement
- To provide a supportive learning environment for students to develop graduate level and subject specific skills.
- Teach in a variety of settings, ensuring content, methods of delivery and learning materials meet the defined learning objectives for individual teaching sessions.
- Work on the communication skills of the students to improve their communication in different social settings.
- Set and mark assignments as well as assessing the work and progress of students by reference to defined criteria and provide constructive feedback to students.
- Seek ways of improving performance by reflecting on teaching design and delivery and obtaining and analysing feedback.
- Support students through an advisory role.
- Prepared weekly lesson plans to accommodate students with varying proficiency levels.
- Created curricula, tests and exams to reinforce student learning in English Literature and Language.
- Challenged and engaged students through in-depth lectures, debates and discussions and literary subjects.
- Participated in weekly department and employee team meetings to discuss student performance and academic achievement.
- Completed in-service and additional training to maintain professional growth.