- .Work Closely with participant to assist in finding them employment.
- .Monitor the participants progress with completion of evaluations(IEP, Quarterly Evaluations.
- .Interact with the training sites to promote the goals of the program.
- .Perform computerized assessments and skills testing with the participants.
- .Assist with intakes and enrolling new participants.
- .Relate to the project director and administration for support.
- .Search employment want ads and employment job search engines online
- Plan and promote career and employment-related programs and events, such as career planning presentations, work-experience programs, job fairs, and career workshops.Provide management with information or training related to interviewing, performance appraisals, counseling techniques, or documentation of performance issues.
- Interviewed and counseled clients on job related skills and employment opportunities.
- Provided employment referrals for clients qualified for employment opportunities.
- Marketed employment services available to local businesses and employers.
- Conduct Employability skills training.
- Assist with resume preparation and mock interviews.
- Monitor progress and results and provide feedback to the students.
- Follow up with employed students for six months.
- Build a rapport with hiring managers in the community to increase opportunities for students to be employed.
- Assist coordinator as needed.
- Coordinated with other professionals, such as Vocational Rehab and other Healthcare Professionals.
- Offered assistant with job development and program support.
- Contact potential clients for interviews and program services.
- Collect information about individuals and clients for program assessment specifications.
employment specialist / director of vocational services
- Services – Head Trainer of Psychological & Physical Management
- Worked specifically with individuals living with developmental disabilities, mental illnesses (ie: Schizophrenia), and accompanying physical ailments (ie: Traumatic Brain Injuries).
- Secured contracts with local businesses in an effort to secure prospects and provide resources for individuals with disabilities.
- Worked with the State of Connecticut on funding to address the needs of the disabled community.