- Communicate with children’s parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors
- Instruct and assist children in the development of health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, and toilet behavior., and related issues.
- A senior staff member involved in roll taking, report writing, and conducting meetings with other staff members
- Conducted group activities including baking, group sports, group games, arts and crafts, and quiz’s
- Planned and taught grade appropriate lessons.
- Managed classroom behavior and interactions.
- Created a pleasant, inviting classroom atmosphere in which children feel comfortable and secure.
- Collaborated with grade-level teaching team to implement curriculum.
- Maintained proper documentation of student’s files, records and portfolios.
- Respond to emails from families
- Create a safe and secure environment for each child
- Communicate effectively with families and children
- Ensure a clean and healthy environment
- Provide supervision, care and safety for children at all times
- Assist in writing daily learning stories using an online program
- Assist in recording the children’s progress
- Maintain case history records and prepare reports for individual child, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
- Interact and care effectively for the needs of children, including in health, hygiene and safety.
- Develop play-based curriculum.
- Foster relationships with children and parents from diverse cultural backgrounds and build community involvement .
- Work effectively with culturally diverse Families.
- Instructing 1st-12th grade students in a variety of subjects in a resource room setting (past 4 years working with only 6th-12th grade students); developing individual education plans; maintaining accurate and complete student records; supervising students as they volunteered at a MCC thrift shoppe as part of their life skills training; meeting with parents or guardians to discuss their student’s progress.
- Assist in planning for the ongoing development and growth of each individual child
- Positively interact with all children
- Supervise and engage in age appropriate activities