- Examine vehicles, compile estimates of repair costs, and secure customers’ approval to perform repairs.
- Inspect and test new vehicles for damage and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Install or repair air conditioners and service components, such as compressors, condensers, and controls.
- Remove and replace defective mufflers and tailpipes.
- Confer with customers to determine the nature of malfunctions.
- Welded frames, Dolly Legs on Trailers, and crossbeams
- Operated Gas powered forklifts
- Inspection and diagnosis of trucks for repair once a complaint or compromise has been logged.
- Maintain fleets on regular schedule to prevent complaints and common issues seen in vehicles with lack of regular maintenance programs.
- Assist with inventoring parts every quarter to rectify usage with inventory.
- Inspect and test rental vehicles for damage and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made and billed back to customers.
- Ordering of necissary parts for repairs.
- Master Cummin’s Engine Tech.
- Certified Detroit Diesel Engine Tech.
- Certified Detroit Transmission Tech.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, document, validate, all issues and or repairs found/needed.
- Cummin’s, Caterpillar, Detroit diesel, Python Propane, and Paccar electronic j1939, and j1708, communication trained.
- Expert electrical certification.
- Eportal, Cummins Quickserve, Cat ET, Detroit Connect, online technical database trained for parts, warranty, and repair directions.
- Repair, overhaul, or adjust air brake systems.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems and repair wiring and replaced electrical components when necessary.
- Perform in-frame engine overhauls
- Overhaul transmissions
- Acquired a forklift licence as it is a requirement with the job
- Service and maintain air conditioning systems
- Confer with technicians and submit reports of test results to engineering department and recommend design or material changes.
- Operate Machinery to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Inspect completed work to certify that maintenance meets standards and that machine is ready for operation.