- Processing inmates; maintaining jail security; serving meals Receives and processes inmates into custody; searches prisoners. Provides inmates opportunity to call attorney or relative; advises inmates on institutional rules and regulations.
- Patrols jail area periodically to insure security and maintain order.
- Transports inmates to medical.
- Supervises inmates during meals, personal hygiene and related activities for conformance to institutional rules, regulations and procedures.
- Escorts and safeguards inmates to cell; checks on inmates’ physical condition.
- Count and record number of laundry in the jail.
- Dispenses personal and cell cleaning equipment; keep record of times cell is cleaned during the day.
- Schedule all daily runs to outlying facilities assuring all documentation is correct in order to take custody of inmates requested by the Courts.
- Transport inmates to and from Maricopa County, in a safe manner, for court appearances within the Maricopa County Superior Court system using buses, box trucks, and vans.
- Supervises medication is given to inmates as prescribed or directed.
- Prepares routine records on inmates; performs general clerical duties.
- Ensures the care and maintenance of quarters.
- Records visits;checks incoming and outgoing mail.
- Investigates critical incidents; collects evidence; makes arrests; testifies in court.
- Perform related tasks as required.
- Processing inmates; serving meals; transporting inmates
- Receives and processes inmates into custody of institution; searches prisoners; takes charge of personal property.
- Provides inmates opportunity to call attorney or relative; advises inmates on institutional rules and regulations
- Patrols jail area periodically to insure security and maintain order
- Managed 70-110 inmates p/day and successfully controlled operations to reduce internal incidents.
- Monitored door access and security cameras to ensure the safety and security of the facility.
- Worked in the control room and gave access to authorized personnel when they approached a door, gate or dorm.
- Inspected the facility by making walk throughs of the indoor and outside gates regularly for security breaches, contraband. This included doing pat downs and searching cells.
- Trained daily in 5 man team scenarios to prepare for possible riots.
- Followed a routine schedule to take a count of all inmates in a dorm.
- Wrote reports and maintained logs detailing any subject who entered and exited a dorm, also on detainees who received medication through out the shift.
- Answered the facility phones and directed phone calls to appropriate units.