Detention Officer Resume Examples
- Supervision of 200 inmates.
- Maintaining a safe environment.
- Transporting inmates to court, prison.
- Booking inmates into the system.
- Enforcing rules of the jail.
- Supervision of fellow employeees.
- Responsible for the direct supervision and the safety and security of all detainees.
- Inspected the facility regularly for security breaches, contraband, and unsanitary conditions. This included doing pat downs and searching cell blocks with in specified regulations.
- Coordinates and monitors detainees movements, conduct counts, and provides emergency response.
- Served as member of special teams (C.E.R.T Team) to respond to emergencies as required.
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs.
- Supervise inmates in daily activities
- Escort inmates through the facility to court hearings/arraignments
- Preform sight wellness checks hourly to insure the safety of the inmates
- Maintain Safety and security of the facility
- Control locked doors and let inmates/officers through
- Watch security cameras
- Respond to altercations
- Executed administrative duties such as data entry and scheduling.
- Completed accurate and detailed incident reports and other written documentation.
- Monitored security control panels, cameras, and entries. Executed outer and inner perimeter facility security.
- Performed inmate housing assignments. Maintained safety and security of all inmates in all areas of the detention facility and when escorting outside of secure detention.
- Remained alert and observant for potentially dangerous situations. Performed facility and room searches. Respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations. Ensured care, custody and control.
- Monitor and conduct order with multiple inmates nightly with a firm attitude.
- Write reports on incidents that occur within the unit: fights, medical issues, etc.
- Work 40-80 hours a week.
- Input new warrants and Orders to Secure Appearance in the Sheriff’s computer system and request orders from the County Attorney to secure inmates from State, Federal, and County facilities throughout the state of Arizona
- Processing inmates; maintaining jail security; serving meals Receives and processes inmates into custody; searches prisoners. Provides inmates opportunity to call attorney or relative; advises inmates on institutional rules and regulations.
- Patrols jail area periodically to insure security and maintain order.
- Transports inmates to medical.
- Supervises inmates during meals, personal hygiene and related activities for conformance to institutional rules, regulations and procedures.
- Escorts and safeguards inmates to cell; checks on inmates’ physical condition.
- Count and record number of laundry in the jail.
- Dispenses personal and cell cleaning equipment; keep record of times cell is cleaned during the day.
- Schedule all daily runs to outlying facilities assuring all documentation is correct in order to take custody of inmates requested by the Courts.
- Transport inmates to and from Maricopa County, in a safe manner, for court appearances within the Maricopa County Superior Court system using buses, box trucks, and vans.
- Supervises medication is given to inmates as prescribed or directed.
- Prepares routine records on inmates; performs general clerical duties.
- Ensures the care and maintenance of quarters.
- Records visits;checks incoming and outgoing mail.
- Investigates critical incidents; collects evidence; makes arrests; testifies in court.
- Perform related tasks as required.
- Processing inmates; serving meals; transporting inmates
- Receives and processes inmates into custody of institution; searches prisoners; takes charge of personal property.
- Provides inmates opportunity to call attorney or relative; advises inmates on institutional rules and regulations
- Patrols jail area periodically to insure security and maintain order
- Managed 70-110 inmates p/day and successfully controlled operations to reduce internal incidents.
- Monitored door access and security cameras to ensure the safety and security of the facility.
- Worked in the control room and gave access to authorized personnel when they approached a door, gate or dorm.
- Inspected the facility by making walk throughs of the indoor and outside gates regularly for security breaches, contraband. This included doing pat downs and searching cells.
- Trained daily in 5 man team scenarios to prepare for possible riots.
- Followed a routine schedule to take a count of all inmates in a dorm.
- Wrote reports and maintained logs detailing any subject who entered and exited a dorm, also on detainees who received medication through out the shift.
- Answered the facility phones and directed phone calls to appropriate units.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.