- Apply fluorides or other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Maintain dental equipment and sharpen and sterilize dental instruments.
- Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
- Maintain patient recall system.
- Feel and visually examine gums for sores and signs of disease.
- Make impressions for study casts.
- Conduct dental health clinics for community groups to augment services of dentist.
- Eliminate irritating margins of fillings and correct occlusions, using dental instruments.
- Bleach, clean, or polish teeth to restore natural color.
- Evaluate the position of the wisdom teeth to determine whether problems exist currently or might occur in the future.
- Remove sutures and dressings.
- sterilize instruments
- clean rooms and set up
- restock supplies
- aware of HIPPA and OSHA
- Examining a patients mouth and diagnosing their dental conditions
- Dealing with routine appointments and check-ups, taking impressions etc
- Dealing with emergency cases like relieving patient’s pain
- Placement of composite restorations in decayed teeth
- Root canal treatment of anterior as well as posterior teeth
- Extraction of broken down teeth
- Placement of Crowns (metal and PFM)
- Administer general and local anesthetics.
- Replacement of missing teeth with bridge(s)
- Scaling & polishing of teeth
- In-office bleaching of teeth