- Administer anesthetics to limit the amount of pain experienced by patients during procedures.
- Use masks, gloves and safety glasses to protect themselves and their patients from infectious diseases.
- Examine teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, or other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatments.
- Use air turbine and hand instruments, dental appliances and surgical implements.
- Formulate plan of treatment for patient’s teeth and mouth tissue.
- Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, or malformations of teeth, gums, or related oral structures and provide preventive or corrective services.
- Advise or instruct patients regarding preventive dental care, the causes and treatment of dental problems, or oral health care services.
- Examine teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, or other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatments.
- Treat exposure of pulp by pulp capping, endodontic treatment using dental instruments.
- Design or fit prosthodontic appliances, such as space maintainers, bridges.
- Practice Management
- Treat infections of the oral cavity, salivary glands, jaws, and neck.
- Treat problems affecting the oral mucosa, such as mouth ulcers and infections.
- Providing patient care and oral hygiene
- Update patient’s health history and patient information at each visit.
- Counselling the patients
- One year compulsory Rotary residency with rotation in all departments in MNR dental Hospital.
- Attended camps organized at remote areas.
- Counselling of patients done pertaining to oral hygiene
- Design, make, or fit prosthodontic appliances, such as space maintainers, bridges, or dentures, or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for denturists or dental technicians. ealing with routine appointments and checkups, taking impressions etc.
- Dealing with emergency cases like relieving a patient’s pain.
- Restoring fractured teeth.
- Reassuring anxious patients and clearly explaining procedures to them.
- Knowledge in examining x-rays and restorations of teeth(including tooth colored restorations and root canal treatments)
- Ability to provide effective oral prophylactic treatment.
- Performed open & closed extraction of teeth.
- Treat problems affecting the oral mucosa, such as mouth ulcers and infections. local anesthetics.
- Performed dental surgical procedures like replacing missing teeth (Fixed partial denture, complete denture, removable partial dentures) and simple orthodontic treatments using removable appliances.
- Has done minor surgical procedures such as splinting of avulsed tooth, suturing of lacerated wounds in oral mucosa.