senior dental hygienist, region 9
- Mentor of 20+ hygienists at multiple locations
- On-boarding training for all new hygienists.
- Lead hygienist directly involved with hiring, performance reviews, and termination of hygienists and support staff.
- Licensed to administer general and local anesthetics.
- Bands/Braces off, Lingual wire application, Impressions for Retainers and Study Models, Oral Health education, 3D Digital Scanning, Extra-oral and intra-oral photographs
- General Reception duties – answering phone calls, greeting and farewell of patients, scheduling appointments and confirming appointments
- Maintain patient recall system and treatment tracker system.
- Keep track of office out referrals.
- Take Intra-Oral photos.
- Adult prophylaxis, Child prophylaxis, Scaling and root planing, and Periodontal maintenance.
- Examine gums, using periodontal probes, to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
- Apply fluoride.
- Feel lymph nodes under patient’s chin to detect swelling or tenderness that could indicate presence of oral cancer.
- Sterilize Instruments.
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Comprehensive hands on patient care
- Monitor patients progress and maintain the patients oral health
- Follow OSHA regulations
- Utilize Dentrix computer software
- Provide patient counseling
- Document dental hygiene services by recording vital signs, medical, and dental histories in patient’s chart.
- Maintain instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by following procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.