- Evaluate inmates to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
- Care, Custody and Control
- Being Fair, Firm and Consistant
- Being Observant over the facility and movement of Inmates
- The ability to work with a variety of people
- Communication, Time Management and Adaptability are other qualities applied
senior correctional officer
- Enforce Bureau of Prison policies and procedures to maintain safety and security.
- Supervisor and counselor for inmates.
- Monitor and report all activities and incidents of inmates.
- Prepare precise logs and maintain safe and clean work environment.
- Care, custody, and control of dorms and cells blocks of inmates
- Prescribe basic medications (acetaminophen, ibuprofen, etc.)
- Supervise meal hall
- Enforce rules and regulations
- Perform security checks
- Perform lockers/cell searches
- Perform perimeter checks
- Maintain order and enforce rules to within the facility.
- Learn all rules and regulations of the facility.
- Supervise activity of all inamtes.
- Search inmates for cintraband items.
- Report on inmate condcut.
- Aid in rehabilitaion and counseling of offenders.
- Maintain order, displine, and security within assigned areas in accordance with relevant rules, regulations, polices, and laws.
- Take, Receive, or check periodicinmate counts.
- Respond to emergencies, such as escapes.
- Supervise and direct the work of correctional officers to ensure the safe custody, discipline, and welfare of inmates.
- Complete administrative paperwork or supervise the preparation or maintenance of records, forms, or reports.