- Worked Inside the prison as a correctional officer.
- Enforce rules and regulations.
- Maintained security by preventing disturbances, assaults, and escapes.
- Supervised the daily activities of inmates, ensuring that inmates obey the rules.
- I am CPR certified
- I am a current member of the CERT team and was a CERT instructor at one time
- I was a K9 decoy for a brief time
- I have worked in Huber and am aware of procedures in that area
- I worked in the Training Dept. for a short time
- I am LESB certified
- I am Taser certified
- Processed Inmates into and out of the jail.
- Classified Inmates for housing based on their charges and history both criminal and in the jail during previous incarcerations.
- Supervised inmates in the preparation and service of meals as well as the cleaning of the kitchen and the jail as a whole.
- Verified warrants
- Fingerprinted inmates
- Monitored inmate behavior to prevent crime, escape attempts, violence and other dangerous activity
- Assisted in transportation of Inmates when needed by road personnel
- Supervises inmate meals, visits, recreational programs, and other congregate activities.
- Inspects assigned areas for conditions which threaten safety and security; conducts searches in order to detect contraband.
- Completes forms and reports; maintains appropriate logs.
- Communicates with other area Correction Officers to exchange pertinent information.
- Issue verbal orders, announcements, and explanations to inmates.
- Observes inmates and makes recommendations concerning medical and/or psychiatric referrals.
- Safeguards Departmental supplies and equipment.
- monitor inmates to ensure safety and security
- Escort inmates to their job sites
- Assist other officers with inmate management
- Inspect inmate cells for unauthorized goods
- Write reports on your activities on a daily basis
- De-escalate confrontations when they arise
- Fingerprinting and booking