- Digitized, edited, and uploaded different types of documents online publication at the Official Gazette and the Presidential Museum and Library websites, with the use of WordPress as the content management system.
- Ensured text is well written, logically structured, consistent and is in line with the Official Gazette’s house style.
- Provided appropriate title for documents.
- Proofread and corrected grammar and spelling, checked facts and the correctness of illustrations and captions, and looked out for potential problems in the text and visual material.
- Assisted in the consolidation of reports from different government agencies for special bulletins and newsletters of the Official Gazette, on the uploading of significant documents for special pages, and in the completion of projects of the office.
- Conducted researches on website development tools for better efficiency and contributed in the development and standardization of the Official Gazette’s style.
- Edited, clarified, condensed, and rewrote existing copy as necessary, both online and for print.
- Diligently fact-checked articles for error, inconsistency, bias, and libel before publication.
- Worked intimately and confidentially with newspaper’s front office.
- Wrote articles on topics of interest (in conjunction with conducting interviews and taking photos).
- Participated in editorial board meetings with entire staff.
- Directly managed copy interns and volunteers.
- Became proficient in Canadian Press style and familiar with journalistic ethics.
senior copy editor
- Coordinating print publishing cycle and managing content areas
- Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors
- Proofread, edit and improve stories or pieces
- Setting publication standards and establishing goals and expectations
- Suggesting stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences
- Editing and production of videos.
- Covered Auto Expo 2018
- Filing news stories in CMS
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- To submit 30 published reports per day to L1 and/or L2
- 0 Errors
- Ensures that all new queue report is empty at the end of the day
- Checks and proofreads reports (grammar, spelling etc.) to ensure that written text is concise, consistent and both grammatically and factually correct.
- Must establish priorities and balance a desire for perfection with the necessity to follow deadlines