- Set up, prepared, and presented work areas and food dishes in accordance with culinary practices.
- Assisted chefs in food preparation and helped run assigned station.
- Handling one of three restaurant in the morning buffet.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating the temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roast
- Ensures the proper cleaning of equipment.
- Practicing and adhering to Food Safety, GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Health and Safety.
- Responsible in inspecting the raw materials prior to use and record observation on the checklist.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work area and free of hazards.
- Responsible for maintaining small tools in a safe place such as knives, thermometers, utensils, etc.
- Maintain a safe, organized, clean and sanitized work area.
- Measure and mix ingredients according to recipes using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Print weekly recipe cards and menus for first cook for breakfast, lunch and dinner meals.
- Balance cash box for head counts and check for accurate change before and after each meal.
- Tally up head counts from soldiers for each meal.