- Facilitated conflict resolution among the tenants and fostering healthy neighborhood in the community.
- Assisted the tenants and Family and Graduate Housing office to overcome any emergency issues or whenever needed.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals or customers and provide assistance with problems these customers may encounter.
- Direct tours and inform individuals of property requirements and amenities.
- Upheld the expectations and mission statement of the Office of Housing, Residential Living, and Dining
- Worked actively with a CA staff varying from 6-12 people
- Live among a community with majority first-year students
- Available to assist in the personal, academic, social needs/conflicts of students living in the community
- Completed programming with educational, academic, and/or social messages as an individual, another CA on-campus, and/or a member of the IUP community and would promote said programs with flyers, emails, word of mouth, etc.
- Completed administrative tasks such as: being on duty and completing reports in correspondence, answering phone, submitting maintenance requests for students, etc.
- Provide care and assistance for those with disabilities, in their home and the community.
- Keep records on individuals, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
- Assist in preparing food, cleaning, and personal hygiene.
- Instruct in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
- Follow HIPPA guidelines.
- Organize and conduct appropriate recreational activities, such as games, arts and crafts, sports, walks, and play dates.
- Observe children’s behavior for irregularities, take temperature, transport children to doctor, or observe administration of medications, as directed, to maintain consumers health.
- Support the students through the academic activities.
- Promote the social and personal growth in the Country.
- Encourage personal welfare and healthy relationship inside the apartment.
- Prevent any dangerous situation in and out the apartment.
- Create an inclusive and accepting environment in assigned communities by encouraging respectful conversations around topics of diversity and social justice.
- Serve as a resource to specific student populations at (international students, veteran students, student athletes, graduate students) through providing resources, outreach, referrals, and programming efforts in order to provide the best support possible.
- Confront and document violations of Student Code of Conduct and Residence Life Hall Handbook when encountered.
- Create and facilitate all programs in apartmentstyle dorms