- Worked closely with the CFO and senior leadership team to enhance employee engagement using a variety of communication channels
- Created all internal, employee and web based communications, including day-to-day communication activities, news blogs, newsletters, memos, employee notices, PowerPoint decks, Scotiabank Live and Workplace updates, surveys, speeches and video messages
- Facilitated and coordinated Global Finance events (e.g Town Halls, leadership briefings, roadshows, employee recognition events, management meetings, team events etc.)
- Positioned Global Finance as a first-in-class finance function by providing strategic communication support, successfully executing plans and delivering measurement updates
- Ensured employees feel motivated by communicating the Bank’s values, vision and culture strategy
- Oversaw and adhered to the communications department budget
- Managed a team of communicators.
- Worked closely with the CRO, CFO and senior leadership team to enhance employee experience and engagement
- Coordinated large-scale and bank-wide communication initiatives
- Provided internal, external and strategic communication advice and counsel to the Executive Leadership Team across the organization, including the development of strategic plans to support them in achieving their business objectives
- Created and distributed all internal, employee and web based communications, including day-to-day communication activities, blogs and forums, newsletters, intranet and website updates, employee notices, PowerPoint decks, speeches and videos
- Spearheaded all community involvement campaigns (UW etc.)
- Facilitated and coordinated CMRM employee events (e.g. orientation meetings, employee recognition events, employee appreciation week, town halls, management meetings, lunch & learn, career workshops, team events etc.)
- Managing ARC’s communication including publicity, publication production, event marketing and direct mail. Under my management the department generated publicity featuring local Red Cross activities to the value of $600,000 in the 99/00 financial year. Most stories featured Red Cross social services, including services for the aged.
- Liaising with staff and volunteers to provide communication support.
- Managing direct mail campaigns to donors for 2.5 years, consistently exceeding budgeted income.
- Managing local publicity campaigns for numerous local and international emergency appeals.
- Managing the redevelopment of Red Cross’ printed promotional material from tender process to final product, providing Red Cross with contemporary, relevant and competitive promotional collateral.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals or business customers and provide assistance with problems these customers may encounter.
- Keep records and prepare reports for owner or management concerning visits with clients.
- Study the objectives, promotional policies, and needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products, or services.
- Globally driving consistent development and implementation of methodology for supply chain, focusing in Top 5 process (Demand, Pre-sales, O2C, S2P and One Delivery), Analytics and Automation.
communications manager, trainer and facilitator
- Karachi Grammar School
- Institute of Business Administration
- Cedar College
- The Lyceum School
- The Second Floor Cafe
- British Council Library
- Pakistan Poetry Slam (Lahore)