- Cover surfaces with dropcloths or masking tape to protect surfaces during painting.
- Fill cracks, holes, or joints with putty, plaster and other fillers, using caulking guns or plaster blades.
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, or other finishes to buildings, houses, or other structures, using brushes and rollers.
- Erect scaffolding or set up ladders, to work above ground level.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, or using highly powered pressure washer.
- Help employer train new apprentices that have been employed.
- Observed safety protocols set by the company to ensure that hazardous conditions were avoided.
- Applied paint with brushes, rollers, and sponges.
- Filled cracks, joints and nail holes with putty plaster.
- Prepared trim, walls, and ceilings for painting by cleaning, smoothing and priming using tools.
- Maintained thorough and accurate records of all disposed of paint, paint tools and cleaning rags.
- Cleaned and properly stored all equipment and supplies at the end of each workday and removed trash and debris from work areas.
- Climbed scaffolding, staging, ladders and planks to reach work area surfaces and observed safety protocols to prevent falls.