- Implementation of International Patient Safety goals and standards as per Joint Commission of Accreditation
- Conception, analysis and enactment and coordination of infection control programmes at the hospital; advising or consulting with specified personnel about necessary precautions
- Participation in Quality assurance and continued improvement strategies for quality patient care and outcomes
- Establishing work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload, space and equipment availability.
- Performing physical examinations, making tentative diagnoses, and treating patients admitted at the facility
- Instructing individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, and developing health improvement programs.
- Triaging, monitoring, recording, and report symptoms or changes in patients’ conditions and prioritising care accordingly.
- Order, perform, or interpret the results of diagnostic tests such as complete blood counts (CBCs), electrocardiograms (EKGs), and radiographs
- Excellent experience in providing training on Adolescent Reproductive Health for the school society and trained on family planning logistic management, counseling and service provision.
- Supervising routine immunization and campaigns; and coordinate outbreak response sub-team
- participation in nursing audits and research activities
- Co-ordinate patient allocation.
- Delegate patient work loads appropriately in accordance to staff skill mix.
- Support and manage ward activity.
- Assess the needs of individuals and families to identify potential health or safety problems.
- Provide education and resources to patients and families.
- Advocate for nursing staff, patients and families
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by the treating team.
senior clinical nurse
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or doctors’ instructions to patients.
- Assist doctors examine and treat patients.
- Maintain records of patient care, condition and progress.
- Provide basic patient care or treatments, such as taking temperatures or blood pressures, dressing wounds.
- Facilitated community outreach efforts (Malaria prevention).
- l Implemented activities addressing healthy development of children with a focus on malnutrition.
- l Did youth friendly service educating youngsters about reproductive health issues.
- Collect samples, such as blood, urine, or sputum from patients.