- Perform testing to determine rheology, plasticity & viscosity characteristics on raw natural rubber in a commercial testing laboratory
- Evaluate test results against material specification set forth by rubber industry governing body in Malaysia, Malaysian Rubber Board to ensure that material tested is compliant for vehicle tyre production
- Ensure test reports generated are without error before being sent to customers & Malaysian Rubber Board
- Troubleshooting: Investigate off-specification/abnormal test results & identify root causes whether it is due to product quality, instrument problem or test methodology, & take corrective actions such as product downgrade & check instrument irregularity
- Ensure that equipment is maintained & calibrated as per schedule to ensure fitness of use
- Verify that quality control procedures are done daily using secondary reference material & the performance of the testing is monitored through QC charts
- Supervise a team of lab assistants to ensure competence in testing and carry out in-house training for them
- Responsible of petroleum and water laboratory operation (routine and non routine sample) as per approved methods.
- Performing physical and chemical analyisi of refined products as per ASTM approved methods.
- Performing physical, chemical, bacteriological analysis of water samples as per approved methods.
- Preparation and standardization of chemical reagents and solutions.
- Maintain records of tests conducted and their results within quality control and quality assurance.
- parameters; notify supervisors of violations or problems indicated from data; and prepare reports for management as necessary, as directed, and on a regular basis.
- Responsible for caliberation and maintaince of laboratory equipment and standardisation of analytical methods.
- Organize inter-laboratory testing program on raw natural rubber parameters among industry players
- Communicate with customers with relations to test results & monitor month-to-month quality of customer samples by plotting QC chart
- Manage the Quality System in accordance to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025
- Clean and maintain laboratory equipment, fixtures, and samplers; perform routine maintenance on laboratory equipment, including the calibration, maintenance, and service of laboratory and process.
- Received the test request form and inward sample in the product inward register.
- Responsible for recording all the details of sampling, inspecting and testing.
- Checking of test results against standards and timely reporting of any deviations to the section head.
- Submission of inspected reports to the section head.