charge nurse/medication &treatment
- Make frequent rounds on unit to evaluate Resident status
- Administers medications and treatments as needed for the assigne unit including: IV medications, Lab draws-use of centrifuge for STAT labs.
- Oversees and provides direct care activities to assure the practices are consistent with facility policies and procedures
- Assess that physicians’ orders are current and communicates these orders to uit nursing personnel
- Effecient in Matrix computer application
- Maintain accurate and detailed reports and records.
- Observe CNAs and visit with patients to ensure proper nursing care.
- Collect specimens such as urine, feces, or sputum, for laboratory tests.
- Administer medications by injection.
- Observe patients, monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients’ conditions and take necessary action.
- Made Caregiver shift assignments and ensured that assigned duties are completed in a satisfactory manner
- Monitored performance of caregivers for compliance with established policies and procedures, and to ensure quality resident care
- Reported Caregiver performance issues to HSD or Administrator and provided input for Caregiver performance evaluations
- Managed shift coverage when staff members call in sick for the oncoming shift
- Participated in Caregiver orientation and training
- Responsible for scheduling and other staffing duties
- Conducted building tours when requested
- Deliver patient care to culturally diverse patient population
- Improve Patient throughput
- Hands-on leader of the department
- Evidence based patient care compliance
- Staff and Provider education
- Staff and Provider liaison
charge nurse (telemetry)
- Bed control, scheduling, utilizing geography and acuity to assign patients to nursing staff.
- Conflict resolution amongst members of the nursing team.
- Intervene in conflicts and assist with resolving them.
- Address family concerns and issues.