- Administered medications and documented therapeutic effects
- Took vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration)
- Assisted with resident comfort
- Prepared and administered injections and/or enemas
- Collected samples and monitored catheters
- Provided wound care
- collaboratied with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members.
- Conductes body systems assessment and documented data related to comprehensive patient care program including assessment results, interventions, medications, patient responses, or treatment changes.
- Performes care and maintenance of implanted Port-A-Caths, central lines, TPNs, IV infusion Pumps, pressure ulcer care on ventilated patients in a sterile environment.
- Performes therapeutic treatments on patients in the critical care unit, including colostomy bag change, ventilator therapy, management of chest tubes, sterile dressing change.
- Proficient in medication administration including IV, PEG tube and oral medications ordered by the physician.
- Evaluates patient knowledge and provided education, guidance and direction before discharge.
- Provided bedside care by obtaining vital signs of patients (i.e. temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure).
- Administer medication to patients including G-tube and PO
- Observe patient status and consistently update physician on any new symptoms
- Completed admit & discharge planning, rehabilitation orders and follow-up care as needed.
- Develop relationships with patients and address any concerns
- Detect and respond to adverse drug reactions, with special attention to vulnerable populations such
- Keep abreast of regulatory processes and payer systems such as Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, and private sources. older adults.
- Supervising and training CNA’s
- Encourage a culture that promotes staff productivity, monitor patient’s, administer medications, and report patients condition to physician
- Ensure that the unit runs efficiently and as per standards and regulations
- Provide care for patients on inpatient rehab unit.
- Administer medication and treatments per doctors orders.
- Manage staff.
- Assess patient condition and report changes to doctor.