- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Install structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters’ hand or power tools.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace.
- Dig or direct digging of post holes and set poles to support structures.
- Erect forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes, using hand tools, plumb rule, and level.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Erect scaffolding or ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses or buildings, using paint, hand tools, or paneling.
- Cover subfloors with building paper to keep out moisture and lay hardwood, parquet, or wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
- Verify dimensions or check the quality or fit of pieces to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Set up or operate machines, including power saws, jointers, mortisers, tenoners, molders, or shapers, to cut, mold, or shape woodstock or wood substitutes.
- Cut timber to the right size and shape and trim parts of joints to ensure a snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools, or power tools.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings.
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers.
- Install rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports in structures undergoing construction or repair.
- Fabricate parts, using woodworking and metalworking machines.
- Examine structural timbers and supports to detect decay, and replace timbers as required, using hand tools, nuts, and bolts.
- Apply Masonite, formica, or vinyl surfacing materials.
- Repair or alter wooden furniture, cabinetry, fixtures, paneling, or other pieces.
- Establish the specifications of articles to be constructed or repaired or plan the methods or operations for shaping or assembling parts, based on blueprints, drawings, diagrams, or oral or written instructions.
carpenter/ carpenter helper
- general duties of a rough & finish carpenter.
- operating machinery such as bobcats & forklifts.
- assisting in ordering/ delivery of materials.
- layout of interior trim details