Carpenter Resume Examples
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Install structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters’ hand or power tools.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace.
- Dig or direct digging of post holes and set poles to support structures.
- Erect forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes, using hand tools, plumb rule, and level.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Erect scaffolding or ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses or buildings, using paint, hand tools, or paneling.
- Cover subfloors with building paper to keep out moisture and lay hardwood, parquet, or wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
- Verify dimensions or check the quality or fit of pieces to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Set up or operate machines, including power saws, jointers, mortisers, tenoners, molders, or shapers, to cut, mold, or shape woodstock or wood substitutes.
- Cut timber to the right size and shape and trim parts of joints to ensure a snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools, or power tools.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings.
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers.
- Install rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports in structures undergoing construction or repair.
- Fabricate parts, using woodworking and metalworking machines.
- Examine structural timbers and supports to detect decay, and replace timbers as required, using hand tools, nuts, and bolts.
- Apply Masonite, formica, or vinyl surfacing materials.
- Repair or alter wooden furniture, cabinetry, fixtures, paneling, or other pieces.
- Establish the specifications of articles to be constructed or repaired or plan the methods or operations for shaping or assembling parts, based on blueprints, drawings, diagrams, or oral or written instructions.
carpenter/ carpenter helper
- general duties of a rough & finish carpenter.
- operating machinery such as bobcats & forklifts.
- assisting in ordering/ delivery of materials.
- layout of interior trim details
- Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
- Clean up excess materials/tools plus deep cleaning for finished projects.
- Lift and move materials ranging from 10-100+ pounds .
- Discuss work being done with owners, interacting with clients, and catering to individuals needs to maintain customer happiness.
- Construct forms or chutes for pouring concrete.
- Arrange for subcontractors to deal with special areas, such as heating or electrical wiring work.
- Prepare cost estimates for clients or employers.
- Trim, sand, or scrape surfaces or joints to prepare articles for finishing.
- Match materials for color, grain, or texture, giving attention to knots or other features of the wood.
- Bore holes for insertion of screws or dowels, by hand or using boring machines.
- Dip, brush, or spray assembled articles with protective or decorative finishes, such as stain, varnish, paint, or lacquer.
- Cut or saw boards, timbers, or plywood to required size, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machine.
- I had to repair vinyl siding, gutters, Mailboxes, Small home repair, and remodel houses.
- On ramp in 103rd.
- New World.
- Fit and fasten wallboard or drywall into position on wood or metal frameworks, using glue, nails, or screws
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, or other finishes to equipment, buildings, bridges, or other structures, using brushes, spray guns, or rollers
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.