- Assist the driver in making sure students are safe
- Make sure students follow bus rules and expectations
- Assist the students in loading/unloading the bus
- Have knowledge on how to operate bus equipment
- Assist in emergency and first aid situations
- Watched each individual to assess demeanor and look for suspicious behavior.
- Immediately reported fires, accidents and other safety hazards.
- Maintained order and responded to emergencies.
- Assisted disabled passengers in boarding and exiting the bus.
- Interpreted for Spanish-speaking parents and guardians.
- Operated in accordance with company and state licensing standards.
- Continually kept abreast with toy and child-related recalls and safety warnings.
- Maintained a safe play environment by emphasizing and maintaining cleanliness and organization.
- Maintained accurate and detailed records, including staff and child files on enrollments, attendance, health and safety, emergency contact information. and incident reports.
- Communicated with owners, board members, and support team concerning personnel matters.
- Communicated and partnered with children’s parents about daily activities and behaviors.
- Provided supervision and ensured safety of 14 developmentally challenged middle and high school students.
- Assisted bus driver for the purpose of handling emergency situations until the driver can take over.
- Assisted special education students and other passengers for the purpose of providing safe loading and unloading from buses during normal transport and emergency situations.
- Monitors students with special needs until released to teacher, instructional assistant, parent, etc. for the purpose of ensuring thesafe transportation of all passengers.
- Prepares reports (e.g. seating chart of assigned riders, incident reports, passenger misconduct, etc.) for the purpose ofdocumenting activities, providing written reference, conveying information, and/or complying with established guidelines.
- Reports observations and/or incidents (e.g. discipline, accidents, inappropriate social behavior, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate personnel for their action.Secures students and/or their equipment (e.g. restraints, checks wheel chair tie downs, seat belts, opens ramp, etc.) for the purposeof ensuring the safety and well-being of students.
- Assist disabled individuals on and off bus.
- Ensure individuals are seated properly, and wheelchairs are secured.
- Help answer questions about bus routes and pick up/drop off times.
- Help to keep students and bus driver safe.