- Maintained knowledge about upcoming books and new authors.
- Cultivated a comfortable environment to discuss books.
- Sold memberships to customers to ensure future sales.
- Store, pack, and maintain records of props and display items..
- Work in fast-paced retail environment while providing first-rate customer service
- Meet sales goals by providing recommendations, filling baskets, and selling memberships
- Respond to all customer inquiries and questions professionally and efficiently
- Keep shop tidy by recovering, cleaning, facing, and assisting co-workers
- Maintain knowledge of literature, culture, and the arts to assist customers
- Assisted customers to find desired merchandise.
- Operated register to assist customers in purchasing desired selections.
- Maintained the appearance of the sales floor by straightening, returning merchandise to proper locations, and shelving new product.
- Independently created promotional displays for product.
- Hosted events including storytime for children and book club meetings for adults. Answered phones and customer queries while managing the customer service desk.
- Advising individuals on books or materials to buy for classes.
- Floor and presentation design.
- Unpacking and packing material to be shipped.
- Stoking of shelves and displays.
- Register work and assistance.
- Sell textbooks, and advise students on the materials needed for their classes.
- Price match with other stores and have knowledge of different procedures, such as renting vs buying a textbook.
- Have knowledge of packing and shipping products, as well as receiving and registering products.
- Have knowledge of how to use a cash register.
- Have organizational skills and knowledge of different company procedures.