- Cash handling using computerized registers .
- Stocking,dusting, and Alphabetizing shelves and carts.
- Resolved all guests complaints in a professional manner while prioritizing customer satisfaction.
- Built relationships with guests to increase likelihood of repeat business. Organized activities that enhanced children’s physical, emotional and social well-being.
- Engaged with children on an individual basis to build positive relationships with them.
- Sparked imagination by helping children discover new worlds through reading.
- Running a cash register
- Pulling and organizing online orders for customers
- Shelving and organizing textbooks
- Shipping and receiving packages for the store.
- Provided customer service by answering questions, looking up books in a computer database, guided customers toward desired sections, suggested books or authors based on interests, and tried to find books based on vague descriptions.
- Answered phones and placed calls to customers when their book orders were filled.
- Gift wrapped books and toys for customers.
- Assisted with author events by selling tickets, pre-ordering books, directing customers towards the event, and helping set up and break down chairs, tables, and displays.
- Helped to sell store memberships and assisted members with discounts, informing them of events, and checked their balances or purchase history.
- Stocked and reorganized books in alphabetical order by author and in sections according to genre.
- Pulled books from shelves to send back to the ware house.
- Train or instruct seasonal employees in job duties.
- Ship books to other bookstores, and receive shipments from other bookstores.
- Sent and received books to and from other Anderson’s locations.
- Opened and closed the store regularly as a key holder.
- Pull books and general merchandise from shelves to prepare online orders
- Review online orders and complete transactions
- Package orders for shipping and in-store pickup
- Greet customers and help them find the textbooks they are looking for
- Run the pickup line by finding the customer’s order in the database and recording that they picked it up
- Sorting orders and organizing them in a way that makes it easy to find when a customer comes to pick it up