- Manage the children’s department and helped both parents and children recommend and locate books based on their reading level and interests.
- Host early morning book readings for younger children.
- Basic money handling and proper use of a POS system.
- Answer calls and direct customers to the correct department.
- Unload trucks and sort books into their proper section.
bookseller (retail customer service associate)
- Educated customers about the products to incite excitement about the company’s mission and values.
- Verified that all customers received receipts for their purchases.
- Alerted customers to upcoming sales events and promotions.
- Built relationships with customers to increase likelihood of repeat business.
- Over the counter book sales.
- Supply of books to various public schools.
- Store management .
- Inventory control i.e ordering of new stock.
- Deposits of cheques and cash.
- Put together, process, and ship 30 packages.
- Help customers find or order textbooks.
- Help clean the work area clean by sweeping and mopping.
- Restock the shelves with textbooks and school supplies.
- Organized and stocked books.
- Assisted customers to ensure they received professional customer service.
- Processed orders, answered questions, made recommendations upon request.
- Collected payments from customers
- Used computers to create and update sale tags.
- Examine products or materials to estimate quantities or weight and type of container required for storage or transport.