biomedical equipment technician
- Perform repairs and calibrations to most Diagnostic and Therapeutic Medical Equipment and maintain associated records.
- Diagnose and correct system and equipment malfunctions.
- Log new devices into computer inventory database upon receipt and inspection.
- Report all patient safety issues to supervisor or manager and assist with correction of issue as required.
- Participate in pre-purchase evaluation programs.
- Purchase parts.
- Assist in identifying and recommending replacement of equipment that is obsolete, has extensive repair history, or has identified safety issues.