- Developed and implemented billing policies
- Ensured proper coding standards
- Monitored charge posting, billing and collection operations
- Managed actions relating to delinquent accounts, collection agencies, special adjustments and write-offs
- Supervised, trained and evaluated billing staff
- 2006 – 2009 – Medical Assistant
billing manager/accounts receivable
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases for patients.
- Order office supplies.
- Accounts receivable record and balancing of payments received.
- Fill in for vacations at Front desk and back office duties
- Operate computers programmed with legal software to record fees and prepare invoices to bill clients.
- Check accounts for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Post payments received from clients and prepare monthly reports of receivables.
- Locate and notify clients with delinquent accounts by mail or telephone.
- Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules for clients with outstanding invoices.
- Worked insurance denials
- Used ICD 10 an CPT coding
- Took the daily deposit to the bank
- Lab posting weekly
- Electronic EOB posting
- Used both UB04 and HICFA 1500 Claim forms
- Set up new matters in Elite.
- Upload budgets to E-Billing sites.
- Run Pre-Bills at the beginning of every month to be reviewed by Attorney prior to invoicing.
- Make edits/double check all Paralegal and Attorney billing entries to make sure they are compliant with client and carrier guidelines.
- Create and submit individual case invoices for billing entries and vendor costs.
- Update Accounts Receivable Spreadsheet as soon as new invoice is generated.
- Scan all invoices and save to corresponding folder.