- Implemented ABA techniques including DTT, PRT, PECS to increase language and communication, appropriate play skills, cooperation skills, and daily living skills
- Attended monthly training meetings
- Track each individual’s progress with graphs and daily data collection
- Implemented specially designed instruction to meet the goals and needs of the child
- Use teaching strategies such as: shaping, prompting, fading, incidental teaching, forward and backward chaining
- Maintain confidentiality of all clients and professionals conducts
- Assisted with building life and social skills useful for everyday activities and interactions.
- Documented activities and behaviors into data sheets.
- Developed activity plans and instructional materials to assist with treatment.
- Helped to implement individualized interventions as part of behavior treatment plans.
- Maintained thorough clinical treatment notes.
- Identified treatment goals based on individual diagnosis and history.
- Explained program offerings and requirements to clients and answered related questions.
- Take residents on community out trips, engage in activities in the community, social interactions
- Mentor residents/ clients from adolescents young adults with behavioral problems, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Fill out and maintain client-related paperwork, assessments, incidents reports and progress notes.
- Maintained up-to-date and accurate program files and records.
- Provide Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy to children with Autism.
- Received and maintained my RBT (Registered Behavior Technician). Collect and record data for programming throughout a client’s session.
- Conducted one-on-one ABA therapy to children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder across home, school, and center settings.
- Implemented client-specific treatment and behavior protocols.
behavior technician/ direct support professional
- Interacted closely with families case manager in data collection, interpretation and implementation of more beneficial teaching strategies
- Trained in & implemented Applied Behavior Analysis strategies including, but not limited to: Discrete Trial Training, Manding, Prompting Procedures, Reinforcement, Task Analysis, Naturalistic Interventions, Visual Supports, Differential Reinforcement, Response Interruption/Redirection and Antecedent-Based Intervention
- Interacted directly with children with multiple disabilities in their homes and community to increase social interaction, introduction of new skills and increase involved in the community
- Participated maximally in Occupational and Physical Therapy sessions to learn and provide passive and active range of motion as well as calming techniques in a pool setting