- Ensured health and welfare of over 25 horses in coordination with veterinarians, farriers, and nutritionists
- Assessed individual needs of clients and staff through daily communication
- Trained new employees on company’s procedures on how to care for horses properly
- Administered medications, treated injuries and illnesses in accordance with veterinary advice
- Instructed private riding lessons for beginner students
- Interviewed, hired, trained, and supervised new employees using leadership and communication skills to create a superior work environment and team
- Observed horses’ conditions, diet, farrier care and noticed horse illness and injury
- Daily chores, basic care of equines on a day to day basis.
- Ordering hay and shavings deliveries as well as other farm necessities
- Managing the farrier and vet schedule as well as basic health needs of the equines.
- Handled daily chores around property, including feeding, cleaning stalls, and turnout of horses.
- Train horses or other equines for riding, harness, show, racing, or other work, using knowledge of breed characteristics, training methods, performance standards, and the peculiarities of each animal.
- Use oral, spur, rein, or hand commands to condition horses to carry riders or to pull horse-drawn equipment.
- Organized tack and supplies.
- Helped prepare horses for daily lessons, as well as shows.
- Feed foals, mares, and yearlings.
- Prep walk yearlings for sales.
- Ensure safety for all horses on site on the farm.
- Muck and clean stalls.
barn manager/ trainer
- Supervision of 14+ Horses
- Developing & enforcing feed & cleaning schedules
- Ordering supplies & feed
- Dispensing & applying prescribed medications and treatments
- Developing & enforcing exercise routines
- Available for emergency after-hours
- Managing disposal of waste