- Responsible for daily operations of the newly opened Drew Archival Library, including supervision of volunteers
- Created strategic plan to establish policies, procedures and long term goals for the Archives
- Process, catalog and create finding aids for manuscript and photograph collections
- Responsible for appraising and accessioning new collections and materials
- Research and answer reference questions
- Develop, plan and facilitate on-going Letter Reading Evenings to promote interest in the archival collections
- Conceptualize and implement rotating exhibits of historic photographs and archival materials
- Prepare archival records for non-print material, such as DAT tape, BETACAM tape content descriptions, to allow easy access to required footage for reporters.
- Organize archival records and develop classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials.
- Interview and preserve testimonies of South Asian refugees displaced by the 1947 Partition.
- Record and collect oral histories.
archivist/special collections librarian, associate archivist
- Processed archival material including arrangement, description, and preservation.
- Created finding aids using Oxygen XML editor, Archivists’ Toolkit, and HTML.
- Digitized archival material including image editing and curation using the web, DSpace repository, and Omeka exhibits platform.
- Applied metadata standards to digital images including Encoded Archival Description, Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard, Text Encoding Initiative, and Dublin Core.
- Provided reference service to Rice students, faculty, staff, and the general public including on-demand digitization for remote access to material, research assistance, intellectual property rights questions, and publishing inquiries.
- Maintained the department’s web pages, online exhibits, and social media presence.
- Coordinated planning and preservation for rare books.
archivist/ associate producer
- Send feed to stations that request it via phone or through a data base
- Edit videos and upload them
- Write stories
- Submit text from video that has aired live
- Prepared or maintained employment record related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using the
- Interpreted and explained human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.human resources management system so
- Maintained and updated human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks or directories, or performance evaluation forms.ftware.
- Trained and coordinated the work of volunteers and student workers.