aquatics director/office manager
- Supervised, trained, and directed professional staff and interns.
- Establish and oversee administrative procedures to meet objectives set by board of directors/ leadership team.
- Maintained accurate and complete office and student records as required by laws or administrative policies.
- Prepared and administer written, oral, and performance tests, and issue grades in accordance with performance.
- Developed and maintained course websites.
- Planned, Prepared, and maintained records and reports, such as budgets, personnel records, or training manuals.
- Scheduled all pool activities and private rentals, for seven facilities, to ensure optimum pool usage.
- Developed and scheduled aquatic programming for the centers to include, classes, swim meets, swim lessons, lap swimming, youth swim club and other aquatic programs.
- Hired, trained, scheduled, and directly supervised qualified lifeguards, instructors and all other pool staff.
- Conducted training of staff in water safety, first aid, and CPR; ensured that all certifications of staff was maintained. Ensured high program standards were followed; provided regular in-service training to staff as needed.
- Developed lifeguard deck rotational system for monitoring the pools and all other pool deck operations.
- Led a team of lifeguards to provide quality instruction and ensure safety for scouts swimming and boating.
- Trained aquatics staff to properly perform life-guarding and instructional duties.
- Instructed scouts in merit badges ranging from lifesaving to kayaking.
- Coordinated and managed events to run a proper program efficiently and on time.
- Led the staff and scouts as a senior staff member.
- Hire, train, supervise, and work with staff of 15-20 instructors and lifeguards.
- Select and schedule class times to ensure maximum attendance.
- Teach lifesaving swim skills to children ages 4 months to adult and develop and update curriculum as needed.
- Plan and conduct training programs in water safety and first aid/CPR for all water staff and the general public.
- Manage the daily operations of aquatic facilities including daily water quality, IDPH reports, scheduled maintenance and repair
- Maintain all equipment required for lessons, swim meets, and pool operations
- Oversaw day to day operation, maintenance, administration of the aquatic facility
- Coordinated the recruitment, training, scheduling, certification, and performance of student employees of the facility
- Ensured that all appropriate water, environmental, health and safety standards are maintained