- Fit and fasten sheet metal coverings to surface areas or other sections of aircraft prior to welding or riveting.
- Inspect or test installed units, parts, systems, or assemblies for fit, alignment, performance, defects, or compliance with standards, using measuring instruments or test equipment.
- Adjust, repair, rework, or replace parts and assemblies to eliminate malfunctions and to ensure proper operation.
- Assemble, install, and connect parts, fittings, and assemblies on aircraft, using layout tools, hand tools, power tools, and fasteners such as bolts, screws, rivets, and clamps.
- Designing, manufacturing, and installing components that fulfill requirements.
- Analyzing problems or deficiencies and developing solutions to resolve them.
- Conducting experiments and evaluations to improve and innovate product designs.
- Creating plans and designs using CAD technology.
- Estimating budgets and time scopes for each project.
- Writing technical documentation for machine operators.
- Ensuring that products meet compliance regulations.
- Performed necessary maintenance on over 70 T-38 Talon aircraft.
- Preservation of U.S. Navy assets: approximately 50 Harrier GR9 and GR7 aircraft.
- Identified and separated A-10 Thunderbolt II weapon systems for de-militarization at egress back shop.
- Acquired extensive experience in the storage and removal of hazardous materials such as Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCB) and radioactive materials such as Depleted Uranium.
- Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and manufacturers’ blueprints.
- Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production, using tools such as calipers, micrometers, and blueprints.
- Replace or repair worn, defective, or damaged components, using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipmen
- Collaborating with project managers and other engineers in our team.
- Trained on Airbus 320 family 319/320/321 & CRJ’s 200/700/900
- Performed replacement and repair of aircraft and components.
- Serviced and lubricated aircraft systems and components.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections on aircraft and aircraft systems and subsystems
- Repaired, reworked and replaced components or parts of systems following approved maintenance procedures and operating specifications.
- Examine and inspect aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, and de-icers to locate cracks, breaks, leaks, or other problems